Saturday 12 July 2014

Saturday French Toast (July 12th, 2014)

Good morning! I trust your week has been pleasant, friends! As for me, I am currently in Hell. A hell of my own making, however. This past week has seen me go back to, and conquer, a very difficult video game. One that fits in well with the Nintendo space, but has already been covered. It's Ghosts 'n Goblins. Like I said, Phil did a fine job covering it. I happen to have just a little bit of experience covering this series.  A friend of mine keeps saying that I go where mortals dare not go. I'm not sure why I go to hell and back with this series. I'm not even sure if I really LIKE the series. We have a complex relationship, the goblins and I. Complex enough that I kind of want to wax esoteric about them, their design philosophy, and just what makes them so damn difficult. In a way, they are the Dread Beast GREED I keep yelling about. So, to that end, I've been toying around with the idea of a sub-series here on the blog. I basically got the idea from looking at how Froborr does his main thing on Sundays, and did his side Madoka Magica analysis on Wednesdays. So, if there's interest... I think I can take Thursdays to write about the Ghosts n Goblins series. I wouldn't cover every port and remake and whatnot, but I have a couple of versions that should be covered. The "canon" versions, if you will. Let me know down below if you think that's a good idea.

While we're there... hard games! Ghosts 'n Goblins is definitely a hard game, but what's the hardest game you've ever beaten? Or played, even? Conjure up those memories of dread beasts and set them free here, in the land of the wild. We'll see you on Monday for racecars and mice.

No comments:

Post a Comment