Saturday 21 June 2014

Saturday Pancaking (June 21st, 2014)

I can cook breakfast too if I want. So, let's talk about this here blog. When it started about a year ago, I was posting articles every weekday. That burned me out pretty quick, so I attempted to go for a thrice-weekly update schedule. Then Nanowrimo happened and that burned me out a little, and then some shit happened in March and CAMP Nanowrimo happened and now I'm lucky to post a Nintendo Project post once a week. Long days working outside on home renovations will do that to you. Sap your attention. Keep you from wanting to play Nintendo games and write about pretend Nintendo game gods.

So, here is what we will strive to do from now on. I'm going to take a page from the book of an nice fellow named Froborr. A certain Constant Reader pointed me his way, and he wrote a lot of excellent words about Madoka Magica. Madoka Magica being one of the best goddamn Japanese cartoons I've ever seen, but I won't get into that yet for reasons. Anyway, what this guy does is simple enough. He posts twice a week about his important analysis stuff, and the rest of the days are devoted to just... whatever's on his mind. I think I'll try and do that. The current plan will be to use Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as Nintendo Project days. I will do my best to stick to that schedule and write words about Nintendo games and the pantheon I accidentally created. The rest of the days (not sure about weekends yet) will be used for whatever's on my mind. I'll do what I can to keep it on-topic and interesting. I doubt I'll need a proper Saturday Pancaking thread like Mr. Sandifer because... well, a lot of you are Constant Readers but there's little in commenting going on here. That's fine and I'm glad you're enjoying the words I put here. If I'm wrong, of course, and you'd like a weekly comment thread thing... well, prove me wrong.

I'd better get myself sorted for tabletop gaming today. Call of Cthulhu. Very exciting. Rolling with a new guy after my first PC was ripped in half by a thousand-mawed monstrosity. It's a lovely game. See you soon.

Oh yeah, and I made a new Let's Play for the first time in six months. It's Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins Kai. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. I think Phil's used the "Pancaking" title before. Usually it's Saturday Waffling, Sunday Pancaking, and, one time, Christmas French Toasting. But hey, not saying you can't do what you want. And yay! Glad I could help! And yay Let's Plays!

    ReplyDelete