Thursday 12 September 2024

Coming Soon: Yet Another Sixteen Screams For Halloween

 Hey all! It's been a little bit, and I have been cracking at words when I can break through the crippling sense of writer's block. It's a lot, but I have to deal with it because the busy fall season is fast approaching. November with its Na-- They did what? Uh okay, I mean... Non-Specific November Writing Month. I have some stuff in the pipeline here for September. A few more Comics Challenges, and New Quantum Leap Season 2. Then I can get at the main stuff. Which, here's the announcement and leadup to one of them. That's right, October approaches and it is once again time for the SPOOKY MARATHON in which I spend every other day on here briefly talking about something spooky. I got like half a list made up, but for the rest that's where you come in! I am open to spooky media suggestions, so please follow the... following guidelines.

-I think at this point I know my way around the Internet and can get my hands on most cinematic material, but for obscure edge cases keep that in mind.

-My only real trigger/phobia, beyond a very specific case, is wrist or throat slashing. If such scenes are signposted in the movie such that it's obvious they're going to happen, I can avert my eyes in time. If there's only one or two such scenes in the movie, it's fine with a warning. If it's something where such things are the main method of murder, that's a hard pass.

-I am open to other media, like brief forays into TV shows or comics or what have you, but it's not my main area of expertise and I'll need a relatively affordable or even cost-free way of access to cover it. This part I may be able to handle on my own, but it's a case-by-case basis and depends on context.


I don't have much else to say but that, I'm actually banging this out before I run to the store and do yardwork so it's a fun race against time. Woo, deadlines. Here's a picture of Juniper from Fields Of Mistria, a farming sim game I've been streaming on Monday nights. I'm love her. Happy September, and see you soon for comics and Quantum Leap and then the spooky stuff.



5 comments:

  1. The spookiest thing of all. Tim Curry singing about Halloween in The Worst Witch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be nice this year: Nothing But The Night, 1970s British Horror film starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to be nice this year, so something simple. Splatterhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Dark Song (2016) - this movie has lived rent free in my head for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I know I gave you a challenge and all that, and one of the two books you're doing this month is for that challenge. But I kinda want A Snapping Sound to get its due one day... That, and Opal.

    ReplyDelete