Thursday 13 September 2018

Coming Soon: Another 31 Days, Another 31 Screams!

Oops. We went dark for five months there. I didn't intend it. I've been working on a grandiose giant series of posts that I've alluded to a lot on Twitter, and... well, I think Douglas Adams must be haunting me because I've become a great big procrastinator about it. Now I'm writing this after five days of PC hardware havoc left me without the ability to write, and I'm going to basically lock myself in the room and finish the finale of the big post this weekend. With luck. You'll see it before the end of September... because that's the great big looming deadline hanging over my head, ain't it? October. The thing I'm announcing here. The third instance of our patented 31 Days, 31 Screams series in which I write short snippets about a bunch of spooky media, once a day, in October. After that is NaNoWriMo which will take all of my writing energy. If I don't want the post to come out in December then I am going to have to buckle down and finish it. I'll get to that right away, but first I want to get this out there.

Yes, as I said, the 31 Screams marathon is making its return! An increasingly desperate me will be looking for 31 pieces of spooky media I've not talked about yet to look at and... well, talk about. It will prove to be a fruitful and productive time on the blog, and this is where you fine folks come in! I always open up the floor to spooky media suggestions around this time, just because my worldview can be a bit limited and I love the idea of pulling from someone else's perceptions to do something I normally wouldn't. So. Here's your chance. Pop a comment down below with any spooky media you think should be covered on the blog in October, and I'll cherry pick the ones that sound neatest and roll with them. Let your horror inspirations be heard! Subject me to some really wild and gonzo shit that will make me go "What the hell do I write about that?". I don't know how many more of these I have in me, so let's go all out. What the hell.

I await whatever you cool kids out there have planned, and in return? Well, with any luck and nothing melting or whatever... next week I'll have something for you. The big one. Oh God almighty help me. Look forward to it... and to the marathon!

3 comments:

  1. Let's keep it to 13.
    -Grindhouse
    -Heaven Sent
    -The Lamb Will Slaughter the Lion (EVIL FUCKING DEMON DEER!!!)
    -Alien: Dead Orbit
    -Phantom of the Paradise
    -The Witch
    -Land of the Dead
    -Nameless
    -Eraserhead
    -Providence
    -Donnie Darko
    -SOL A Self-Banishment Ritual
    -Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. let ME ACTUALLY GIVE A LIST.
      - Silent Hill
      - Alien
      - Heaven Sent
      - Halloween 1
      - Halloween 2
      {Both Original, Not The Rob Zombie versions}
      - Freddy vs Jason
      - Aliens
      There you go Frezno!

      Delete