Wednesday 28 September 2016

Announcing 31 Days, 31 Screams!

Hello! Goodness, the summer ended rather quickly this year! Already the sweltering sun rays have receded, leaving only the slow chill of fall. I love fall. It's my favorite season because so many good things happen during it! We have September, which is my birth month (it was actually my birthday yesterday, even, so hooray for entropy there), and then in November there's National Novel Writing Month, which has me writing 50,000 word novels in the space of a month. As for October? Well, October is kind of the fall month. September still has lingering summer warmth, and November has impending winter chill. October is the perfect mixture. October also has Halloween, which is a good excuse for everyone to dust off all sorts of spooky-themed media and indulge themselves in horrors and ghosts. (And goblins.) I like spooky media, and I also like writing shit and need to warm myself up for November. So, that's what this is!

31 Days, 31 Screams is going to (hopefully!) be a daily project throughout the month of October. Every day I will write a small blog post about some piece of spooky media. It could be an episode of a TV show, a horror movie, a video game, a book... Everything is fair game here. I have some things in mind, but I'm going to need to be creative to fill 31 days. That's where I can ask for your help! Please toss me some suggestions for spooky or Halloween themed things to experience. If it's something I was already going to do, you'll get to see it. If it wasn't, then I may just give it a go and have new things to say! Leave a comment here or tweet at me or something, whatever way you like to reach me.

See you in October, and try not to scream too much, now.

1 comment:

  1. Monster Party for the NES! The game's probably more goofy than spooky, but it still fits the theme.

    ReplyDelete