Monday 27 April 2015

Sexy Fun With The Socks Make People Sexy Sockscast!

Before I started this blog space, I wrote plenty of words for a site called Socks Make People Sexy. During its heyday of regular guest-contributated content, I submitted god knows how many amateur wafflings about old video games and whatnot. For those who haven't seen those raw writings of mine, here you go. Not counting the multiple things I've written on their forums, some of which I've cross-posted over here. Others I haven't! That's not important right now. What is important is Socks Make People Sexy, curated by a lovely lady named Polly. She's run the site out of pocket for ten years now, and recently she began a biweekly podcast where her and two other regular SMPS members talk about video games they've played and other fun things they've partaken in! Sometimes they have guests on the "hamper seat", so to speak... and I got my chance to do so around two months ago. Sockscast Episode 14, with 3 hours or so of me with Polly and pals talkin' up video games.  It was an incredible time, to say the least.

Just last night, to celebrate 10 years of SMPS, Polly and friends hosted a live version of the Sockscast! 7 hours straight of podcasting, swapping in various guests for a half hour or so each to talk up whatever they liked and join in on the festivities. You can find the massive 7 hour audio files right over here.  I show up at around the 90 minute mark or so in part 1, and talk about my own history with the site while getting somewhat praised for writing esoteric Nintendo god mythology over here. Point is, the SMPS was an important turning point for me writing words on the Internet, and I cannot thank Polly enough for her grace in... gracing her own blogspace with my unfettered and unpolished words about how Mega Man 6 isn't all that good.

Here's to 10 more years of Sockscast, and here's to the Pitchfork that's prodded me about this blog that's really made me want to get back to writing for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment