Saturday 2 August 2014

Saturday French Toast (August 2nd, 2014)

August! It's the birth month of the new Nintendo Project! In just two weeks, this ridiculous idea of reviving an abandoned blog from a better writer than me will be a year old! Here are some things I have been doing in my off time.

-The Maximo games! I beat the first one and am about halfway through the second. It's an interesting attempt at putting Ghosts n Goblins into 3D except not really because there's only about two things in these games that feel like classic Ghosts n Goblins. The rest... well, they can get kind of obnoxious. The first game has limited camera control, tricky jumps, and obnoxious enemies... along with a save system you have to pay in-game money for. That meant a chunk of my time was spent replaying level 1 to grind out lives and cash. The second game has camera control and free saving! It also added a mechanic where you grip a platform's edge with your sword! Sadly, it feels like putting that ability gave the developers carte blanche to put in very wide "pixel jumps", or it feels that way.

-The Cornetto trilogy! I'm finally going to sit down and watch all three of these since I've not seen The World's End. I viewed Shaun Of The Dead last night, and it's still great. I remember seeing this movie in theaters during the start of my second year of university. That was 10 years ago. I am officially Old As Fuck. It's a great film though. Today's agenda is Hot Fuzz, and maybe The World's End tonight.

-Time And... The... Rani...? I had this on the computer last night at 12:45 and I wanted to ensure I fell asleep. So I threw on a piece of classic Doctor Who that not many people like. It's the only McCoy story I've not gone through. Let me tell you, my experience with this sort of matched the Doctor's own. He regenerates and wakes up as a confused Scottish man in a tacky coat. I fell asleep and woke up to Bonnie Langford screaming as a monster held her in place, while the Doctor was hooked to a machine and his thoughts were being transferred to... a giant purple brain. W-what?

Alright, comments section is officially a free-for-all. Talk about anything you like. Back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment